We are currently seeking an Insurance Broker in our Markham office. This role will report to the Manager, Ivantage Insurance. Considering the current events, Allstate will be conducting virtual interviews and has made arrangements for new hires to work remotely till its deemed safe to return to office. Through our core values, Opportunity, Flexibility, Community, Diversity and Family, we have worked hard to develop and nurture a culture where employees feel valued, experience personal growth, have career options and truly enjoy the work they do.
Benefits To Joining Allstate
• Complete Group Benefits Program customizable to your needs
• trong Brand Recognition (listed as best Employer with Kincentric since 2012).
• Working within the community and giving back!
• Opportunity for career development and growth.
• We work a 37.5 hour work week and we are proud to offer work from home opportunities once you have demonstrated knowledge and the required skills.
Ivantage is an Insurance Brokerage owned and operated by Allstate Canada, providing clients with access to a broader array of insurance products than traditional personal lines home & auto.
The Insurance Broker role is accountable for profitable policy and premium sales growth and policy service in the Broker sales channels. This is done through identifying customers’ needs, matching product and price to meet those needs, providing timely and accurate quotes, leveraging renewal contact and service calls for up-sell, and cross-sell opportunities. In addition, the Insurance Broker role must provide clients with the necessary information and advice to make informed decision.
Client Services – New Business
As an Insurance Broker, you will be responsible for:
• Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with Allstate Agents and clients.
• Gathering information from clients, assesses their insurance needs and risk profile.
• Advising clients on risk management.
• Submitting applications to insurance companies for quotation or underwriting.
• Arranging insurance coverage for clients.
• Referring complex risks to the Senior Broker/ Director as appropriate
• Remaining alert for opportunities to up-sell/cross-sell coverageClient Services – Existing customers:
• Primary contact with clients for service issues and general concerns.
• Responding to client initiated reports concerning loss or damage by referring claims to the centralized claims area.
• Following-up on status of claims on client request.
• Reviewing renewals list and contact clients to identify renewal options and changes in coverage, evaluates conditions for renewal, determine eligibility and consults with the Senior Broker/ Director on more complex risks.
• Notifying insurer of non-renewal, and suggest alternative coverage, if applicable.
• Processing all documentation needed to renew or revise policies.
• Post-secondary education
• 1-5 years of successful broker experience in a general insurance brokerage environment
• OTL, RIBO license preferred
• CIP designation, or working towards
• Strong negotiation skills
• Proficient with insurance policy systems as well as MS Work, Excel and Outlook email
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills. Fluency in a language other than English considered an asset
• Exceptional phone and customer service skills
• Established networks within the industry and community
• Knowledge of The Agency Manager system (TAM) or similar Broker Management System
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is one of the country’s leading producers and distributors of home and auto insurance products, serving Canadians since 1953. The company strives to keep its customers in “Good Hands®” as well as its employees, and is proud to be named a Best Employer in Canada. Allstate Canada is committed to making a positive difference in the communities in which it operates and has partnered with organizations such as MADD Canada, United Way and Junior Achievement. To learn more about Allstate Canada, visit www.allstate.ca. For safety tips and advice, visit www.goodhandsadvice.ca.
For the eighth consecutive year, we are proud to be recognized as a #Kincentric Best Employer