Company’S Description: At EACOM, we transform more than wood. Our talented team of 1,100+ employees is committed to working, building, and growing together. Embedded in northern Ontario and Quebec communities, our mills have a long, rich history. We responsibly manage and transform forest resources into high-quality wood products. From the Canadian woodlands to the North American home building market, we strive for sustainability, collaboration, safety, and continuous improvement.
Job Description: We are looking for SAWMILL LABOURER for our sawmill in Ostrom (Gogama), Ontario.
Reporting to the shift supervisor, you will be performing various tasks related to production.
• Operate production equipment as assigned
• Stack and strap lumber bundles for drying outdoors
• Ensure smooth flow of process throughout sawmill from debarker entry decks to strapper
• Perform maintenance duties including shoveling excess bark and debris
• Clean-up work areas during work stoppages or inaccessible places during operations
• Perform other related dutiesSKILLS PROFILE:
• Team player
• Demonstrate collaborative spirit and initiative.
• Focused on results but in compliance with safety standards
• Possess as a minimum a Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
• 1 to 3 years of industry related experience.
• Must have the capacity to satisfactorily perform all of the duties and responsibilities associated with the manufacturing of the final product as well as having a thorough understanding of the processes used.
WAGE & HOURS:
• $24.80 per hour 9.5 and 11.5 hours shifts, 44 hours per week
• Overtime pay is $37.20 after 44 hours per week, Sundays or Statutory Holidays
• Shift rotation (as applicable): rotating shifts days, afternoons
• Disability Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
• Paid vacation
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
EACOM is an employer that respects equal opportunities in employment.
The masculine gender is only for abbreviation